Am I too late to the new years resolutions game? Maybe yes, maybe no, either way there are comin’! “You can do anything but, you can’t do everything.” For so long I fought that saying with everything in my body. I never wanted to believe it- I wanted to believe I could do anything and everything. Unfortunately, the older I get, the more I must face reality that sometimes “everything” isn’t possible. There simply isn’t enough time. At some point we must make decisions on what things can be done and which dreams are better left un-chased.
With that in mind, I decided that a better goal for myself is to keep my dreams and resolutions for 2016 a little more “realistic” with a few far fetches out there to keep my soul soaring.
- Live simply. Living in the current day and age, it can sometimes feel a little exhausting. There is constant new technology, new inventions, new apps, new this, new that- so many things that can clog our “newsfeeds” and our daily life. We get lost and caught up with what we are supposed to be buying and doing that we forget that sometimes it’s better to just live simply. My resolution is to remember this- not get caught up in having the newest and best of everything but rather living in a way that brings happiness and a calm sense of mind. Memories > possessions and living a simply life can help reinforce that mindset.
- Be Honest. I want to focus on being honest with myself and to myself. Staying true to what was placed in my heart no matter what noisy confusion of life is thrown my way. I want 2016 to be the year that I remember what’s in my soul and not losing sights on my truth. This also goes hand in hand to being upfront and honest with people. Handling all situations with honest opinions while simultaneously being kind if I know that honestly could potentially be hurtful. Truth and honesty are two things I fear the world is lacking so I want to do my part to bring them back.
- Eat, Drink and Be Merry. Eat healthier- fueling my body with natural foods rather than the sugars and fake processed foods that are the easy way out. Drink more water- make the conscious effort to drink more water and see the health benefits that undoubtedly will unfold. Be Merry- exercise gives off endorphins, which in turn make you happier. Who can complain with a happy body, happy heart and happy mind?
- Travel More– Always ❤
2016 Bucket List:
- Vote in the 2016 Election!
- Hike Three Sisters in San Diego
- Hike the Hollywood Sign
- Audition for Cirque Du Solei
- Run a 5K
- Watch the fireworks at Disneyland
- Audition for Disney
- Spend the weekend in Napa Valley – finding the perfect wine
- Hike the Half Dome – Yosemite
- Take 100 Barre classes
- Add a stamp (or 2!) to my passport
- Read 10 books
- Publish an article (or 2!)
- Visit all the museums in Balboa Park
- Have a picnic in the park
- Wish on a shooting star
- Mammoth Mountain
- Volunteer at a dog shelter
- Celebrate turning 26!!
- Plant a tree
- Donate blood
- Salvation Mountain
- Joshua Tree
- See my favorite bands live!
- Find moments of complete, unparalleled happiness
- Keep love ❤
- Celebrate LOVE- Watch my best friend marry her best friend
- Plan and execute a perfect girls trip.
With 2016 already almost a month underway I’m ready to tackle this year and make it better than what came before. Let’s make this the year we finally say yes to everything we’ve ever wanted to do.
“Would you not like to be, sitting on top of the world with your legs hanging free..?”